Start a career with Poppyscotland
Thank you for your interest in wanting to join the Poppyscotland team. We can help you develop your skills at one of Scotland’s leading charities. With us, you will be making an impact on more than just your career, you will be part of an organisation that changes people’s lives.
Our people are the foundation of our success as we rely on their sense of purpose, passion, and commitment to help support the Armed Forces community in Scotland. If you like what you hear, this could be the place for you. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Salary circa £46K to £50K – based in Edinburgh
35 hours per week with a generous pension
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We are best known for running the iconic Scottish Poppy Appeal. This, combined with our other year-round fundraising, enables us to provide tailored support and vital services in advice, employment, mobility, respite, housing and mental health support to thousands of ex-Servicemen and women and their families to the extent of approximately £3 million per year.
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance whose primary responsibilities will be to oversee all financial aspects of Poppyscotland and The Lady Haig Poppy Factory and drive the company’s financial budgeting and planning including:
- The production of the annual statutory accounts, in line with FRS102 and the Charities SORP.
- Driving improvements in financial reporting, financial analysis and reconciliations
- Managing the financial relationship with The Royal British Legion and our subsidiary charity the Lady Haig Poppy Factory
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA or CIPFA/CIMA)
- Experience of operating at Head of Finance level managing a small team
- Experience of preparing consolidated statutory accounts for audit and leading an annual budgeting process
- Experience of reporting to, advising and influencing Senior Management and the Board of Trustees.
- Experience of developing new processes and procedures and of leading change
- Practical knowledge of tax legislation in relation to investments and gift aid
- Adaptable and flexible to varying workloads and changing work practices and procedures
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable to meeting external and internal deadlines
- Good communication skills with the ability to convey information effectively to non-financial audiences
- Experience of working in a charity would be advantageous
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available here. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by 26 May 2021.
Interviews are likely to be 9 June 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interested in volunteering?
Support our amazing team by volunteering to collect during the Scottish Poppy Appeal or at one of our year-round events.