Unforgotten Forces is a partnership between 16 leading organisations, including Poppyscotland, delivering a range of services covering advice, access to healthcare, loneliness and social isolation, respite, and creative activities and events for older veterans in care settings.
If you are an older veteran over the age of 65 and are seeking support, or you wish to refer an older veteran for support, please use the details and links below to contact the partners in the Unforgotten Forces programme.
Referral partner contacts
Action for Hearing Loss Scotland
- Call: 0141 341 5330
- Or email: email@example.com
- Call: 0800 12 44 222
- Or contact us through our online enquiry form.
Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP)– Citizens’ Advice Bureaux
- Call: 0808 800 1007
- Or find your regional contact on our website
Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS) - Contact Bob Reid, Area Manager Scotland
- Call: 01738 472143
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erskine - Contact Debs Dickson, Erskine Reid Macewen Activity Centre Manager
- Call 0141 814 4535
- Or email: email@example.com
Fares4Free - Contact: David Gibson
- Call: 07708 299399
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 01349 884774
- Or email: email@example.com
- Call 0131 550 1560
- Or download and complete our referral form.
Music in Hospitals & Care
- Call: 0131 556 5848
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0131 550 1557
- Or email: GetHelp@poppyscotland.org.uk
Scottish War Blinded
- Call: 0800 035 6409
- Or complete our online form.
The Unforgotten Forces consortium was set up in 2017 with a £4 million award from the Aged Veterans Fund to undertake a three-year programme of support for veterans over the age of 65, and their families, in Scotland.
We were the lead partner of Unforgotten Forces until 1st October 2020 when we handed over to Age Scotland.
Unforgotten Forces has received a grant from the Scottish Government allowing it to continue delivering services in support to Scotland's older veterans. For more information on Unforgotten Forces visit the Age Scotland website.