Unforgotten Forces is a partnership between 16 leading organisations, including Poppyscotland, delivering a range of services covering advice, access to healthcare, loneliness and social isolation, respite, and creative activities and events for older veterans in care settings.
If you are an older veteran over the age of 65 and are seeking support, or you wish to refer an older veteran for support, please use the details and links below to contact the partners in the Unforgotten Forces programme.
Contact Unforgotten Forces
- For individual support requests
Visit the Unforgotten Forces referrals page
- For administrative enquiries, please contact Linda McNeill
Phone: 0333 323 2400
- For partnership enquires, please contact Doug Anthoney
Phone: 0333 323 2400
Referral partner contacts
- Call: 0800 12 44 222
- Or contact us through our online enquiry form.
Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP)– Citizens’ Advice Bureaux
- Call: 0800 028 1456
- Or find your regional contact on our website
- Call: 0800 138 1619
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or text: 07537 173683
Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS) - Contact Bob Reid, Area Manager Scotland
- Call: 0800 999 3697
- Or email: email@example.com
- Call 0141 812 1100
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fares4Free - Contact: David Gibson
- Call: 01349 884774
- Or email: email@example.com
- Call 0131 550 1560
- Or download and complete our online contact form.
Music in Hospitals & Care
- Call: 0131 556 5848
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0131 550 1557
- Or email: GetHelp@poppyscotland.org.uk
- Call: 0800 018 2361
- Or email: email@example.com
Scottish Older People's Assembly
- Call: 07434 867 890
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Men's Sheds Association
- Call: 07397 382533
- Or email: email@example.com
Sight Scotland Veterans
The Unforgotten Forces consortium was set up in 2017 with a £4 million award from the Aged Veterans Fund to undertake a three-year programme of support for veterans over the age of 65, and their families, in Scotland.
We were the lead partner of Unforgotten Forces until 1st October 2020 when we handed over to Age Scotland.
Unforgotten Forces has received a grant from the Scottish Government allowing it to continue delivering services in support to Scotland's older veterans. For more information on Unforgotten Forces visit the Age Scotland website.