Area Organisers are the beating heart of the Scottish Poppy Appeal.
They volunteer their time to organise the Scottish Poppy Appeal in their area, working with local people, businesses and schools to ensure poppies are available to everyone wanting to show their support for our Armed Forces community. Without these incredible volunteers, the Scottish Poppy Appeal would simply not happen.
But we need more Area Organisers (AOs). We need people, groups, clubs and businesses to take on this role to deliver the Scottish Poppy Appeal across Scotland.
What will I be doing in this role?
- Raising life changing donations to support the Armed Forces community in Scotland.
- Working with local people, schools, businesses, and community groups to supply boxes of Poppies to your community.
- Using your local knowledge to plan an exceptional Poppy Appeal.
- Meeting new people as the ‘face’ of Poppyscotland in your area.
- Working with us at Poppyscotland to ensure you have all the supplies needed for a great Poppy Appeal and all opportunities to collect are explored.
- Keeping records of your Poppy Appeal and the money raised.
- Developing a team of like-minded people to take your Poppy Appeal to the next level.
- Ensuring that all donations are collected and banked so they can be used to support our Armed Forces community.
Qualities needed in an Area Organiser
- Passion to help others and make a difference.
- Ability to coordinate a team of volunteers and think strategically.
- Positive, reliable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Sociable with good community links.
- Time to dedicate to a great cause.
What are the benefits of volunteering as an AO?
- Be part of Scotland's largest fundraising campaign.
- A sense of personal achievement from knowing you are helping others, and your community.
- Opportunity to meet new people and build lasting friendships.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed by Poppyscotland.