Supermarket collections play an integral role in delivering the annual Scottish Poppy Appeal.
We need passionate individuals, clubs or businesses to work with supermarket staff to organise engaging instore collections during October and November. The best thing about organising supermarket collections is that they are often indoors, with plenty of free parking.
What will I be doing in this role?
- Organising Poppy Appeal collections at busy supermarkets in your local area.
- Liaising with store staff to develop the Scottish Poppy Appeal in the store.
- Meeting the public and representing Poppyscotland in your area.
- Keeping records of your Poppy Appeal and the money raised.
- Developing a team of like-minded people and community groups to take your Poppy Appeal to the next level.
Qualities needed in a Supermarket Organiser
- Passion to help others and make a difference.
- Self-reliant, and motivated to take on a challenge.
- Ability to organise a team, plan and think logically.
- Positive, reliable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Sociable with good community links.
What are the benefits of volunteering as a Supermarket Organiser?
- Be part of Scotland largest fundraising campaign.
- Opportunity to meet new people and build lasting friendships.
- Freedom to be creative with your Poppy Appeal collections.
- Volunteer at a single location, often with parking available.
- Most supermarkets offer indoor collecting locations.
- Supermarkets will often bank the money on your behalf.